BEING AN ITALIAN IN LONDON
Existential psychotherapy supportive group for Italians in London
... To Maintain Enthusiasm ...
Moving abroad involves very large changes at all levels of our existence. We have to start all over again and often without anyone's help. We must make new friends, find a job, integrate into the social and bureaucratic English system, learn to express ourselves in a new language, change our eating habits. In addition to that find a home, have a different routine and also suffer the frustration of being an immigrant, often graduated, that have to adapt to a stressful job, not in connection with our studies or our dreams.
After the initial enthusiasm often follows a natural anxiety that, on one side is a reserve for facing the challenges that this city offers to us to stay focused on our daily goals; on the other side it can become so overwhelming that we lose the sense of a good quality of life and we get stuck in situations of dissatisfaction that can cause discomfort and affect our self-esteem.
This group wants to address the need of attention that many compatriots can have living in this "eclectic jungle". London is a beautiful and fun city but requires a lot of strength, energy, courage and determination and this group want to help people to discover their resources.
• Provide a familiar and safe environment where to share our experience, work for achieving our personal goals and work on what hinders them;
• Provide professional psychological support;
• Create a group, create a network of people, make friends and meet new people;
• Find support at different levels or simply share an existential discomfort that needs to be heard and addressed.
• Helping people discover their personal potential and creative side;
• Work on pretensions, expectations and desires;
• Learn to stay in the "comfortable" and the "uncomfortable" together;
• Share and discover all about what this city offers us and learn how to consciously identify what we need.
The group is open to all Italians living in London, old and new, young or old.
The group must reach a minimum of 6 participants and a maximum of 15.
Early bookings: before 05/10/15 (included):120 Pound for 7 sessions.
Late bookings: after 06/10/15: 140 pounds for 7 sessions.
You can book your place by paying a deposit of 40 pounds (not refundable in case of cancellation by the participant).
The 40 pounds will instead be refunded if the group does not reach the minimum number of participants.
Registration deadline 25/10/15
Art of Thought - 147 Commercial Street E1 6BJ
The group will take place every Friday from 7pm to 9pm starting on the 30th of October for 7 consecutive weeks. Last meeting: 11th of December 2015.
BOOKING AND INFORMATIONS
Stefania Orsi - Psychologist and Psychotherapist Gestalt (HCPC registered).
07449147170 - email@example.com